Saturday, January 21, 2012

About Me.

Hello to everyone.  My name is Daniel. I am 25 years old, and I live in the Tunkhannock area in a small town called Factoryville (although the entire time I have lived there I have not seen any factories).  I moved to Factoryville with my family in 2005.  Before that I lived in a small town in New Jersey for the first 19 years of my life.  Moving was hard at first because I had to leave all of my friends behind.  Shortly after moving out here I obtained a part-time and eventual full-time position at Wegman's in Dickson City.  While I was working there I began to realize that I was unhappy and I asked "what do I want to do with my life?"  After thinking about it I enrolled into the police academy at Lackawanna College.  After graduating the academy in January of 2008, finding a job was not as easy as I thought it would be.  I finally obtained a part-time job in February of 2009.  I obtained a second part-time position in 2010. I still work both police departments in Lackawanna County. 

The reason I decided to enroll back into Lackawanna College is because the only way to advance in the field of law enforcement is to have a degree.  My short-term goals right now is to finish the spring semester at Lackawanna and then transfer to Keystone College and obtain my bachelor's degree in criminal justice.  My long-term goal is to one day be employed by either the Drug Enforcement Administration, or the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

I love to stay active and do things to stay in shape.  As a police officer, physical fitness could mean the difference between life and death.  I go to the gym and run almost everyday.  In my spare time I like riding my motorcycle, or just playing around in the backyard with my siberian husky.

No comments:

Post a Comment